Tuesday 7 May 2013

BANGKOK Trip Day 1!

Hi guys, if you have watched my recent video(s), you would know that I just got back from my trip to Bangkok, which was soooo fun!

I went there with my parents. Me and mom flew from Australia to Bangkok, while Dad flew from Singapore to Bangkok and we met him there :)

Outfit I wore on the plane. (Totally regretted it 2 hrs later)


My flight to Bangkok was at 9:05 am (Australia time) and we arrived at Bangkok at 3:25 pm (Bangkok time).

*[ PS: from now on, whenever I say a time it's in BKK time and BKK stands for Bangkok :) ]*

Anyways, when we arrived, there wasn't a long queue at the customs so we cleared pretty quickly. There was a traffic-jam so we decided to head to the hotel by train.


Can we all take a second to see how cute this token/coin thingy is? You just have to scan this on the barriers to go through. Uhm, but like how cool is this? There isn't even a barcode at all. How does this even work? I don't know.. (you can probably tell how amaze I get over little things.)

We reached the hotel (Baiyoke Boutique) at 5:30 pm and dad went to check in while me and mom checked out the hotel. It wasn't really big but they had massages/ foot spas etc there.



We refreshed a little bit and headed out at 6:10 pm. We walked all the way to Central World Shopping Centre. On the way there, we passed by Platinum Fashion Mall (which is a clothing paradise cuz everything there was so freaking cheap), 
and dad, being all tourist, suggested for us to take a photo..



It took us probably 20 minutes (we're slow walkers.. Don't judge) to walk from our hotel to the mall. When we arrived, me and mom were so tired haha.

We had 'Ding Tai Fung' for dinner! Get ready to get bombarded with delicious looking food/ pictures. Please try not to drool ;)

The first item we ordered was an appetiser. And tbh, asians do not really have appetisers before a meal but it's an exception for this restaurant because this dish we ordered, which is called 'Cold preserved vegetables' . (Tbh, I can't remember the names of the dishes but I'll just make up some name of what it tasted/ looked like :P ) 


It is soooo good and I'm glad we managed to get the last plate! It actually doesn't even taste like vegetables. I don't know how to explain what it taste like. It's just good. LOL

Next up was this super yummy soup, 'Pork ribs + Lotus herbal soup'.


This soup tasted so homemade and I wanted to order another bowl cuz it was so yums! The meat was really tender and the soup was not too bitter. I bet my sister would loved this ha ha ha. (Jie, if you're reading this, are you jealous? ;] )

Next was this super duper yummy plate of vegetables.


It's pretty much spinach fried with some garlic. Probably the best vegetable I've ever eaten in my life. (I'm not even kidding.)

Next was the dish this restaurant was famous for.. Pork dumplings with soup! (Also known as xiao long bao.)

If you guys had this before, you would know how delicious it is. It soooooo freaking good omg. When you put it in your mouth and bite on it, juicy soup from the dumpling will explode in your mouth (might even burn you if it's too hot) and the tenderness of the pork is so soft that it melts in your mouth.

Next up was the pork chop with fried rice!


This fried rice is sooo sooo yummy! It doesn't even taste like normal fried rice.. It's just so so good :)

And lastly, we ordered fishcake!



 Tbh, I don't really like fishcakes but this is an exception! It's so crispy and yums!

Omg looking at all this yummy food just makes me so hungry!

After having our dinner, we decided to look around the shops at the mall and we decided to walk into 'ZEN' (a departmental store) and guess what drew my attention...


HELLO KITTY!!
If you guys read my blog, you would know how much I love the colour pink and hello kitty! It's a huge obsession (if you can't already tell.. LOL). I literally spent ages in here but I didn't buy much cuz it was quite expensive. For example, a cup (shown above, second from left), was about $29? Heck no am I gonna pay $30 for a freaking cup.


And of course I had to take a photo with the 2 large hello kitty(s) greeting you before you walk into the shop. (PS, please excuse my face here. I have 0 makeup on and I just got off a 6-7 hour flight.)

After that, we walked around some other shops. (Like Dorothy Perkins, Forever21 etc)


And here's a picture of me looking at some clothes at DP. ;)

After walking around for quite a bit, the mall was closing so we had to leave (duh!). We walked all the way back to our hotel as we were sceptical about taking a taxi.

And that was pretty much my first day (night actually) in Bangkok!

But before I end this post, I'll show you guys some stuff I bought today :


(From left to right: (top) A little twin star eraser with a little eraser inside! (super cute!) And on the bottom, a my melody pouch to put my pink camera in, makeup remover and pens and pencils :)




So I'll leave you with this photo and I hope you enjoy reading this! You can check out my beauty haul video on my Youtube channel : beautyliciousx11 or watch it down below :) Do remember to subscribe x



Part 2 will be uploaded by this week :)

Goodbye!
Thanks for reading <3

I'll be blogging for my other 6 days at Thailand so do look out for that x

1 comment:

  1. cute post, looking forward to see more posts of your trip I really enjoy these kind of posts

    ReplyDelete